Clone this wiki locally
Let’s suppose your steam directory is c:\Steam
NS2 would be installed at “c:\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2”
1. Click Download Source* and select zip-format
2. Create directory ns2lua under c:\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2
3. Extract the contents of the zip to the ns2lua directory you just created
4. Create a shortcut to NS2.exe on your desktop (you can name it NS2Lua etc.)
5. Right-click the shortcut, select Properties
6. Enter following for the Target:
"c:\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\NS2.exe" /game "ns2lua"
7. When you start the game you should see following line on console:
Initializing game at c:/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/ns2lua
Mod is currently being developed, and if a version does not work for you, you can always check the commit log, pick some previous commit and download the source for that version.