Nazara Engine is a cross-platform framework aimed at (but not limited to) real-time applications requiring audio, 2D and 3D rendering, network and more (such as video games).
- 2D and 3D rendering using either Vulkan, OpenGL and OpenGL ES (depending on what's available on the target system).
- Its own renderer-agnostic shader language (NZSL - Nazara Shading Language), no need to write specialized GLSL code anymore!
- Easy to customize graphics module providing basis for advanced techniques (such as deferred shading, HDR, PBR rendering and more).
- Audio playback and streaming based on OpenAL.
- 2D and 3D Physics integration (with Chipmunk and Newton Dynamics).
- Optional ECS (Entity-Component-System) classes for helping with entity handling (based on the excellent entt).
- A ENet-based reliable UDP networking protocol.
You can use it in any kind of commercial and non-commercial applications without any restriction (MIT license).
Jérôme "Lynix" Leclercq - main developper (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Build and install
See INSTALL.md for build instructions.
How to use
You can find tutorials on installation, compilation and use on the official wiki
Don't hesitate to contribute to Nazara Engine by:
- Extending the wiki
- Submitting a patch to GitHub
- Post suggestions/bugs on the forum or the GitHub tracker
- Fork the project on GitHub and push your changes
- Talking about Nazara Engine to other people, spread the word!
- Doing anything else that might help us