Freeware jump and shoot game created by Poke53280 that is based on the Turrican game series. Blast your way through nine action-packed levels filled with different enemies and powerups.
This Github version at https://github.com/NebuPookins/hurrican is based on the SVN version at http://sourceforge.net/p/hurrican/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/ by Pickle136. Pickle136's version is itself based on Eiswuxe's version.
SDL/OpenGL-ES Port Information
Thanks to the release by Eiswuxe we now have the privilege of enhancing Hurrican. I have extended the source code to be compatible with SDL systems that are OpenGL-ES compatible. All changes by myself within exisiting files are under the same copyright as the original source. All original files are under the MIT license.
In general these instructions should work for most linux versions:
cd src && make
- Platform Type
- PLATFORM_DIRECTX : Use the original directx code
- PLATFORM_SDL : Use the new SDL/OpenGL code
- WIN32 : Use on windows builds
- OpenGL Options:
- EGL : see SDLPort/eglport.h
- USE_GL1 : Use the OpenGL 1.X code (fixed pipline)
- USE_GLES1 : Use the OpenGL 1.X code with ES compatible (requires USE_GL1)
- USE_GL2 : Use the OpenGL 2.0 code (programable pipline)
- USE_GLES2 : Use the OpenGL 2.0 code with ES compatible (requires USE_GL2)
- USE_PVRTC : Use ImgTec's PVRTC texture compression (only for PVR gpu's)
- USE_MODPLUG : Use the stable modplug code for music. (otherwise mikmod is used, which is known to have problems)
- ENABLE_CONSOLE_COMMANDS : turns a console where commands can be entered
- _DEBUG : enables some debug output
Typical desktop build would use:
-DPLATFORM_SDL -DUSE_GL2 -DUSE_MODPLUG -DENABLE_CONSOLE_COMMANDS
An mobile device may use :
-DPLATFORM_SDL -DUSE_GL2 -DUSE_GLES2 -DUSE_EGL_SDL -DUSE_MODPLUG -DENABLE_CONSOLE_COMMANDS
Check the makefile for other examples.
I decided to release the sourcecode for Hurrican and its level editor to the public today, along with all the assets that the game contains.
You can take everything contained within this archive and do with it whatever you find appropriate (as long as you don't charge any money for it):
- modify it
- learn from it
- laugh about it
- use it to port the game to other platforms
- fix bugs :D
- release your own game
I have not touched these files for years, so don't expect that everything works out of the box! I trust in your skills to make it all run :)
Of course, I cannot be made responsible for any damage that this code might cause, physical or mental!
If you plan to use assets from the game in a COMMERCIAL release, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
It would be nice if you could give some credit to Poke53280 if you choose to use anything contained within this archive in your own releases. But it's not necessary. Since I would like to know how far this stuff travels, I would love to hear about your releases, just to see what you make of this old stuff. So feel free to tell me about your projects :)
cheers and have fun, Eiswuxe