Run managed code before Unity does!
NOTE: Version 18.104.22.168 brought some breaking changes to how command line arguments are passed. Refer to the release changelogs for more info.
Doorstop is a tool to execute managed assemblies inside Unity as early as possible!
This repository is indented mainly for developers!
Developers should package Doorstop into their applications for the end-users.
- Runs first: Doorstop runs its own code before Unity has an ability to do so.
- Configurable: A very basic configuration file allows to specify your own assembly to execute!
- Public domain! You are fully free to embed Doorstop into your application!
To build, you will need:
- PowerShell 2.0 or newer
- Visual Studio 2019 (2015 might work as well with some modifications)
- Visual C++ Toolset v142
- .NET Framework 3.5 or newer (only for the example, not used by the proxy)
Clone, open in Visual Studio, select the platform (x86/x64) and build.
Custom proxy functions
Doorstop's proxy is flexible and allows to be load as different DLLs. You can modify which functions are proxied by adding/removing entries in dll.def
The current set up allows to use the proxy for the following DLLs:
winhttp.dll(All exports, works better with Wine)
version.dll(All exports, better support for Unity 3)
Simply rename the Doorstop DLL to use it as a different proxy (as long as the exports are included).