Basic installation guide. Should be enough to get things up and running.
- Unzip the files for Nelliel and copy them to the location desired.
- Make sure the PHP process has read, write and execute permissions on the main directory and the
nelliel_coredirectory. On Linux this would normally be
chmod 775depending on how your host is set up.
- If using MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL you need a database and a user that has CREATE, ALTER and DROP permissions for that database.
For SQLite you just need the path to where you wish the database file to be stored. This must not be a web-accessible location!
- Go to the
nelliel_core/configurationdirectory and rename
config.phpthen open the file to edit settings. Only a few of these settings are required to be changed:
default_localeif you want a language other than U.S. English. If Nelliel can't find the language file for
default_localeit will fall back to U.S. English.
sqltypeto whichever type of database you are using. The current options are MYSQL, MARIADB, POSTGRESQL and SQLITE
- There is a configuration section for each type of SQL database. You only need to configure for the type of database you are using; the others can be left alone.
- Go to
imgboard.php?installin a browser and give it a moment to run the install routines. If anything goes wrong it should give a relevant error message.
- At the end of the install process, you will receive one of two messages:
- It will ask you to create a site owner account. This account will have all permissions and cannot be deleted.
- A message confirming a site owner account already exists and a link to the login page. You can also go to
imgboard.php?module=loginif the link does not work for some reason.