Basic installation guide. Should be enough to get things up and running.
- Unzip the files for Nelliel and copy them to the location desired.
- Make sure the PHP process has read, write and execute permissions on the parent directory,
configurationdirectory and the
board_filesdirectory. On Linux this would be
chmod 775depending on how your host is set up.
- If using MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL you need a database and a user that has CREATE, ALTER and DROP permissions for that database.
For SQLite you just need the path to where you wish the database file to be stored. This must not be a web-accessible location!
- Go to the
configurationdirectory and rename
config.phpthen open the file to edit settings. Only a few of these settings need to be changed:
defaultadmin_passneed to be set to a value. This will be used to create a basic administrative user.
default_localeif you want a language other than American English. If Nelliel can't find the language file for
default_localeit will fall back to U.S. English.
sqltypeto whichever type of database you are using. The current options are MYSQL, MARIADB, POSTGRESQL and SQLITE
- There is a configuration section for each type of SQL database. You only need to configure for the type of database you are using; the others can be left alone.
- Go to
imgboard.php?installin a browser and give it a moment to run the install routines. If anything goes wrong it should give a relevant error message.
- If installation is successful you should receive a success message and a link to default home page. From there you can log in to create boards and further configure the script. You can also go to
imgboard.php?module=loginto access the login page.
- Once you have logged in and confirmed things are working, go back to the
defaultadmin_passback to empty.