How to play
Go to http://nestedloops.github.io/jsconf-2015/, plug in your Launchpad and jam :)
Also have a look at the code or only
mappings.js to see which key maps to which functionality.
How to navigate the code
Disclaimer: As most of our side projects, this project suffered from last-minute code hacks, we apologize sincerely ;)
index.js which loads all video clips and then initializes the MIDI device. The MIDI device is accessed in
controller.js and only supports Launchpad devices for now. Each clip is mapped to a specific key in
mappings.js. Check that file to learn which key is triggering which video clip. Make sure to check out
videonode.js to see how to load and play video files with zero latency. You will notice that there are some other clips in the mapping as well. Some can be used to influence the visualisation, some are used to stop playback and some influence the intro / outro.
All samples are taken from publicly available talks.
- Ashley Williams (@ag_dubs) - JSConf.us 2015 - If you wish to learn ES6/2015 from scratch, you must first invent the universe
- Amy Lynn Tailor (@amydearest): CascadiaFest 2015 - Remote and better for it
- Dan Abramov (@dan_abramov): react-europe 2015 - Live React: Hot Reloading with Time Travel
- David Nolen (@swannodette): JSConf.us 2014 - Immutability: Putting The Dream Machine To Work
- Douglas Crockford: Nordic.js 2014 - The Better Parts and Angular U 2015 - Upgrading the Web
- Jafar Husain (@jhusain): JSConf.us 2015 - Async Programming in ES7
- James Halliday (@substack): LXJS 2013 - Modularidade para todos
- Jenn Schiffer (@jennschiffer): Code Genius 2015 - Drawing Lines with Bresenham's Line Algorithm
- Philip Roberts (@philip_roberts): JSConf.eu 2014 - What the heck is the event loop anyway?
- Raquel Vélez (@rockbot): JSConf.eu 2014 - Evolution of a developer
- Tom Dale (@tomdale): EmberConf 2015 - Opening Keynote
- Yehuda Katz (@wycats): EmberConf 2015 - Opening Keynote
- Boris Lechelt (@bonotes) for producing the track and for creating the visuals
- Kahlil Lechelt (@kahliltweets) for writing and performing the lyrics
- Tyler Benz for the original visualiser implementation (https://github.com/tybenz/visualizr)
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015 Nested Loops
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.