- Priam 3.x branch supports Cassandra 2.x (2.0.x and 2.1.x).
Table of Contents
Priam is a process/tool that runs alongside Apache Cassandra to automate the following:
- Backup and recovery (Complete and incremental)
- Token management
- Seed discovery
- Support AWS environment
Apache Cassandra is a highly available, column oriented database: http://cassandra.apache.org.
The name 'Priam' refers to the King of Troy in Greek mythology, who was the father of Cassandra.
Priam is actively developed and used at Netflix.
- Token management using SimpleDB
- Support multi-region Cassandra deployment in AWS via public IP.
- Automated security group update in multi-region environment.
- Backup SSTables from local ephemeral disks to S3.
- Uses Snappy compression to compress backup data on the fly.
- Backup throttling
- Pluggable modules for future enhancements (support for multiple data storage).
- APIs to list and restore backup data.
- REST APIs for backup/restore and other operations
See Compatibility for details.
See Setup for details.
Basic configuration/REST API's to manage cassandra cluster. See Cluster Management for details.