Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Ribbon wiki!
Ribbon plays a critical role in supporting inter-process communication in the cloud. The library includes the Netflix client side load balancers and clients for middle tier services.
Ribbon provides the following features:
- Multiple and pluggable load balancing rules
- Integration with service discovery
- Built-in failure resiliency
- Cloud enabled
- Clients integrated with load balancers
- Archaius configuration driven client factory
There are three sub projects:
- ribbon-core: includes load balancer and client interface definitions, common load balancer implementations, integration of client with load balancers and client factory.
- ribbon-eureka: includes load balancer implementations based on Eureka client, which is the library for service registration and discovery.
- ribbon-httpclient: includes the JSR-311 based implementation of REST client integrated with load balancers.