Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Ribbon wiki!
Ribbon plays a critical role in supporting inter-process communication in the cloud. The library includes the Netflix client side load balancers and clients for middle tier services.
Ribbon provides the following features:
- Multiple and pluggable load balancing rules
- Integration with service discovery
- Built-in failure resiliency
- Cloud enabled
- Clients integrated with load balancers
- Archaius configuration driven client factory
There are three sub projects:
- ribbon-core: includes load balancer and client interface definitions, common load balancer implementations, integration of client with load balancers and client factory.
- ribbon-eureka: includes load balancer implementations based on Eureka client, which is the library for service registration and discovery.
- ribbon-httpclient: includes the JSR-311 based implementation of REST client integrated with load balancers.