This package provides Python libNeuroML, for working with neuronal models specified in NeuroML 2.
For more about libNeuroML see:
Michael Vella, Robert C. Cannon, Sharon Crook, Andrew P. Davison, Gautham Ganapathy, Hugh P. C. Robinson, R. Angus Silver and Padraig Gleeson, libNeuroML and PyLEMS: using Python to combine procedural and declarative modeling approaches in computational neuroscience Frontiers in Neuroinformatics 2014, doi: 10.3389/fninf.2014.00038
PLEASE CITE THE PAPER ABOVE IF YOU USE libNeuroML!
Documentation is available at http://readthedocs.org/docs/libneuroml/en/latest/
For installation instructions, see http://readthedocs.org/docs/libneuroml/en/latest/install.html
For an overview of all NeuroML related libraries/documentation/publications see https://docs.neuroml.org
A related package, pyNeuroML builds on this and provides functionality, scripts and modules for reading, writing, simulating and analysing NeuroML2/LEMS models.
Development process for libNeuroML
Most of the work happens in the development branch. That branch is kept up to date with the development branches for NeuroML 2 and related libraries. See https://docs.neuroml.org/ for an overview of the various NeuroML libraries.
version 0.2.57 (dev)
- Enable Python 3.10 support
- Regenerate nml.py with generateDS using Python 3
- Add generic
addmethod to all NeuroML ComponentType classes that allows users to easily construct their NeuroML documents.
- Improve unit tests
- DEPRECATION notice:
append_to_elementwill be deprecated in future releases, please use the
- Documentation updates for RTD and other minor fixes.
- Patch release with minor changes under the hood.
- Use PyTest for testing.
- Enable CI on GitHub Actions
- Using Schema for NeuroML v2.1. Better compatibility with Python 3
- Updated to use the final stable Schema for NeuroML v2.0
- Updated to use the final stable Schema for NeuroML v2beta5
- Updated to use the final stable Schema for NeuroML v2beta4
- Tested with Python 3
- Updated to use the Schema for NeuroML v2beta4
- Updated to use the Schema for NeuroML v2beta3
- Ensures numpy & pytables are only required when using non-XML loaders/writers
- Updated to use the Schema for NeuroML v2beta2
- Minor release: Update to latest schema
- Several Bug fixes and small enhamcements
- Support for latest NeuroML schema (see change outline)
- JSON serialization
- MongoDB backend
- HDF5 serialization
- Improved installation process
- All usage examples are now run on the Travis-CI continuous integration server to confirm that that they do not error.
- Schema validation utility
- Improved documentation and documentation new look