Lab 9: Measuring brain response to different smells
In this lab, we will record the different brain responses to various smells. We're particularly interested in alpha (8-13Hz) and beta waves (13-20Hz), but other ones may show up as well.
First, install the libraries (there are new python dependencies this time!):
npm install pip install -r requirements.txt
(If you don't have
npm, you can install by running
brew install node. You can get
brew from https://brew.sh/)
Stimulus Presentation + Recording
- Attach electrodes to participant's head, 2 on the frontal cortex (on forehead) and 2 on temporal lobe (right above the ears).
- Connect to the ganglion and stream data:
- Run lsl-viewer to check connections and stream:
- Record data by opening the
- Replace the filenames at the beginning with your filenames
- Run it and see the effects!