MonoGame is an open source implementation of the Microsoft XNA 4.x Framework.
Our goal is to make it easy for XNA developers to create cross-platform games with extremely high code reuse.
- iOS (including Retina displays)
- Windows (OpenGL, a DirectX 11 version is currently in development)
- Mac OS X
- Windows Store Apps (for Windows 8 and Windows RT)
- Windows Phone 8
- PlayStation Mobile (currently 2D only)
- OUYA, an Android-based gaming console
There are a few pre-requisites that you should be aware of for the various platforms. Please check them over MonoGame website.
There are three quick start options available:
- Download the latest stable release over our website.
- Download the latest source code.
- Clone the repo:
Keep track of development and community news.
- Follow @MonoGameTeam on Twitter.
- Have a question that's not a feature request or bug report? Ask on our discussions list.
- Join us over IRC - irc://irc.gnome.org/#monogame.
Please read our contributing guide.
MonoGame is released under Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL).
- The MonoGame 2.x series is now in maintenance mode.
- MonoGame 3.0 will mark the start of full support for the entire XNA API.
- The Content Pipeline is currently under development. This will allow compiling of assets to optimized formats for the MonoGame supported platforms in Visual Studio or MonoDevelop without requiring XNA Game Studio 4.0 installed.
- SuperGiant Games have a version working in Google Chrome Native Client which we will merge back into our tree.
- Raspberry Pi has been shown to be working, but still needs some work.