Laptop is a script to set up your Max OS X laptop as a Rails development machine.
- A C compiler, such as GCC, LLVM, or Clang.
- zsh as your login shell.
To change your login shell run this from a Terminal:
chsh -s /bin/zsh
Run the script:
zsh < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/NiDi/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- Homebrew (for managing operating system libraries)
- Ack (for finding things in files)
- ImageMagick (for cropping and resizing images)
- RVM (for managing versions of the Ruby programming language)
- Ruby language (for writing general-purpose code)
- Bundler gem (for managing Ruby libraries)
- Rails gem (for writing web applications)
- Git Remote Branch gem (for faster git branch creation and deletion)
It should take about 30 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine.