A very basic Express and Socket.io chat room app with a layout based on HTML5 Boilerplate. This was created so I could learn Socket.io. The chat lacks flood control or other administrative features you would want in a real web app. Starter code is from gaarf's express-boilerplate
- HTML in views/index.ejs and views/layout.ejs
- make sure node.js is installed
- copy files to server, cd to sockschat directory.
- run # node app.js
- open up http://yourdomain:3000 in a browser.
- Only tested in Chrome
- Socket.io is really fun to use and Express makes a lot of sense.