Host-it! is an electron-vue app to manage your virtualhosts easily on Mac OS.
ATTENTION: Do not use this on a production system. It's for develop purpose only.
- Manage all your virtualhosts easily
- Add/Edit/Remove virtualhost
- Restart Apache with a click of a button
- Open virtualhost in default browser
- Open virtualhost error_log (or default error_log if no specific one was added)
- Deposit default
How to use
vhostsdirectory if necessary (I have mine under
- Include the directory in your httpd conf:
- Restart apache: You can do this in the app or via
sudo apachectl -k restart
- Then, in the application settings, set the path to the
/etc/hosts is not updated automatically. Update manually or use the great tool Dnsmasq. You can install it via Homebrew:
brew install dnsmasq.
More to come
- Edit virtualhost entry manually and add specific needs e.g. Directory Options
- Syntax Check for Apache Config
- Offer automatic httpd.conf setup with
- Check if given document root exists (otherwhise offer to create it)
# install dependencies npm install # serve with hot reload at localhost:9080 npm run dev # build electron application for production npm run build # lint all JS/Vue component files in `src/` npm run lint