NodeBB Widget: Birthdays
Efficient widget to output all today's birthdays of community members.
You could change styles for these classes:
.birthdays .birthday-item, responsible for line in the list
.birthdays .birthday-name, responsible for the user's name
.birthdays .birthday-age, responsible for the user's age (Also age could be disabled in widget settings)
If you want change icon style, refer to
How does it work?
- At start, job will be triggered to check all users that have birthday today. It's an async process. By design it will take some time.
- Every day at midnight (Server Time), job to find today's birthdays is fired
- Widget returns birthdays that are stored in memory, It's fast and efficient.
- to store today's birthdays in memory
- to check for birthdays only once per day
Future ideas for improvement
- ACP: Provide setting to setup timezone
- ACP: Provide setting to setup time to check for birthdays
- ACP: Ability to setup presentation
- ACP: Limit number of birthdays
- ACP: Default message when there are no birthdays
- ACP: list birthdays as comma separated list
- Calculate middle age
- Update in real time