GitHubBuddy is your friend to help
- Review pull request using your preferred native difftool for example BeyondCompare
- Convert text in pull request or commit title to hyperlink, more specifically convert text like JIRA-178 in the pull request to a hyperlink targeting https://JIRAServer/Browser/JIRA-178
- Make github full screen wide
- Disable the merge button if the pull request is labelled as
Do Not Merge(customisable)
How to Install and Configure
Currently, it only supports FireFox and Chrome. You can follow the below steps to install it:
- Install the free FireFox Extension or the Chrome Extension
- Install a native app to help launch the difftool
You will need to create a personal access token with repo permission for this extension so it can retrieve the diff from github on your behalf.
Diff Tool Full Path
This is the full path to the difftool you want to use for example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe
By default we will pass two arguments to the difftool which are the file paths of the BASE and the HEAD. However, you can customise it with the $BASE and $HEAD placeholders if your difftool requires additional arguments.
Do Not Merge Label
This is a pull request label name, by default is
Do Not Merge.
The extension will disable the Merge Button if the pull request is labelled as
Do Not Merge (or the one you specified).
Text to Hyperlink
This is a feature to convert text to hyperlink. More specifically convert Issue to the link to an external system such as TFS, JIRA, Trac. Of course you could possibly use it to do something else as well.
See here for the instructions to configure it.