Web mapping for web developers
The team from Webmapper developed this workshop in the context of the event 'Are you following me?' to share their hands-on experience in web cartography and geographic web application development. The workshop has been given for several conferences and meetups.
Webmapper is a cartographic development and consultancy company based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. They make geographic applications for the web with special attention for web-cartography.
Short outline of the workshop
We will work with raster tiles in Leaflet. Starting from a simple web map and moving further into the GIS world with every step.
- In Leaflet part 1 we will set up a Leaflet map and learn about the different options and settings.
- In Leaflet part 2 we will add custom data to our basemap. In the form op a marker, icon, circle, polygon or small GeoJSON dataset.
- in Leaflet part 3 we will change the projection of the map and add some WMS layers.
- in Leaflet part 4 we will add GeoJSON data and a WFS to the map and use some data driven styling.
- MapboxGL part 1 let's us set up a simple map with mapbox as a provider.
- MapboxGL part 3 shows you how to start working on your own style json file based on the Mapbox GL styling specs.