Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
Add Polish translation.
Binaries for macOS and Windows are code-signed. All files are signed indirectly (via sha256sum.txt) by PGP key:
868184069239FF65DE0BCD7D D9BAE35991DE5B22 email@example.com
Snap package could be updated from stable channel with the following command:
snap refresh nitrokey-app --devmode
or installed via:
snap install nitrokey-app --devmode
Translations update. Polish translations added.
Binary for macOS is codesigned.
This is a quick release with minor bugs fixed:
- Fixed Unencrypted Volume handling on Storage v0.52.
- Updated translations. Also added Italian language file.
- Now builds correctly on Qt 5.11.
AppImage rebuilt according to the tips from #351 - it should work now on broader Linux variety.
Snapcraft package released as well. Ubuntu's PPA not updated yet.
This release features mostly GUI improvements:
- All images are replaced with SVG counterparts for high-res desktops.
- Settings tab is now available and it is possible to change application's language there.
- Main window added to counter lack of system tray issue.
- Added buttons for common operations in the main window
This release requires new Qt modules:
- Qt Svg
- Qt Concurrent (CMake is not checking this one)
and libnitrokey 3.3 to compile and run (it won't compile with 3.2, though CMake will not warn due to missing check).
AppImage was built on Ubuntu 14.04, though running it there makes application's images invisible. Once fixed, the binary will be replaced by a working one. Follow #340 for details.
Windows and macOS binaries are code-signed.
Windows, AppImage and Snapcraft binaries were built using nitrokey-app.build's Docker containers.
Sha256 sums file is signed with
firstname.lastname@example.org GPG key, ID:
868184069239FF65DE0BCD7D D9BAE35991DE5B22. ID can be compared with the one on the download site.
Full changelog should be uploaded later.
Update for the maintainers:
There might be some issues with the CMake build - see #346.
Test release of latest changes.
Update: added AppImage build done on Ubuntu 14.04.
This release contains only the changes for Windows due to issues with detecting the devices by the App. It contains merged hidapi patch presented in v1.2. Binary is compiled from sources marked v1.2.1.
- v.1.2-beta.4 not cooperating with VM/Virtualbox (Windows'es 7/10 do not detect the device) #300
- Windows 10 - device is disconnecting after 30-60 seconds #252
Brief summary of key changes in v1.2 release:
- Support OTP with special characters,
- Faster communication speed with the device,
- Better communication stability.
Binaries for MacOS and Windows are code-signed. Minimal MacOS version is 10.10.
Available also on Snap (Snapcraft). Linux binaries are built on Ubuntu 16.04.
Builds on Launchpad's PPA (Ubuntu) should be available after the holidays.
Binary for Windows (
nitrokey-app-v1.2.exe) is not detecting devices on both Windows 7 and 10.
Fix is released as v1.2.1 - please use binary from there. Issue is only Windows-related and does not affect MacOS or Linux.
- Wrong disconnection message on
- macOS 10.12.5 - wrong information in the About Box - encrypted volume #248
- Setting TOTP secret with Paypal is not working #239
- OTP generation always asks for User PIN #250
This release contains:
- re-added Storage v0.45 workaround for unlocking encrypted volume (active only for v0.45, not needed for later versions)
- fix for accepting OTP secrets with different formats and paddings
- high DPI fixes for some forms/windows (may not work)
- French translation
- high-resolution icon for Windows executable
- DPI fix may not work or might make the App look worse
- wrong version set:
v1.2-beta.3instead of proper
Linux packages (deb and rpm) created using CPack, compiled under Ubuntu 17.10 with GCC 7.2.0.
Edit: added .deb and .rpm packages built on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with removed activating high-dpi attribute (which needed Qt 5.6 while Qt 5.5 is provided).
Tag created specifically for packaging purposes.
No new bugfixes or enhancements are added since v1.2-beta.2. Please download binaries from there.