###bitcoin done right
This is the Android port of the NIX Wallet iOS app, which can be found here.
#####a completely standalone NIX wallet:
Unlike many other wallets, NIX wallet is a real standalone NIX client. There is no server to get hacked or go down, so you can always access your money. Using SPV mode, NIX Wallet connects directly to the NIX network with the fast performance you need on a mobile device.
#####the next step in wallet security:
NIX Wallet is designed to protect you from malware, browser security holes, even physical theft. With AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing, and verified boot, NIX Wallet represents a significant security advance over web and desktop wallets.
Simplicity is NIX Wallet's core design principle. A simple backup phrase is all you need to restore your wallet on another device if yours is ever lost or broken. Because NIX Wallet is deterministic, your balance and transaction history can be recovered from just your backup phrase.
- "simplified payment verification" for fast mobile performance
- no server to get hacked or go down
- single backup phrase that works forever
- private keys never leave your device
- import password protected paper wallets
- "payment protocol" payee identity certification
##How to set up the development environment:
- Download and install Java 7 or up
- Download and Install the latest Android studio
- Download and install the latest NDK https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/index.html or download it in android studio by "choosing the NDK" and press "download"
- Go to https://github.com/NixPlatform/nixwallet-spv-android and clone or download the project
- Open the project with Android Studio and let the project sync
- Go to SDK Manager and download all the SDK Platforms and SDK Tools
- Initialize the submodules -
git submodule init
- Update the submodules -
git submodule update
- Build -> Rebuild Project