This is a plugin for Question2Answer that provides ajax commenting functionality.
- currently supports only basic editor, but format can be set in admin to markdown or html
- inserts new comment into page dynamically without having to reload
- displays slide effects when showing and hiding comments and comment form
- option to flash star as reminder when commenting on answer to own question
- animated close when pressing Esc key
- option to include @username references when clicking reply, via admin/plugins
- switch on and off via admin/plugins
- extra option to show popup reminder when voting on answer to own question
- Install Question2Answer
- Get the source code for this plugin from github, either using git, or downloading directly:
- To download using git, install git and then type git clone git://github.com/NoahY/q2a-comment-ajax.git comment-ajax at the command prompt (on Linux, Windows is a bit different)
- To download directly, go to the project page and click Download
- navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Posting on your q2a install and make sure 'Default editor for comments:' is set to 'Basic Editor'.
- go to Admin -> Plugins and select the 'Enable ajax comment form' option, then 'Save'.
This is beta code. It is probably okay for production environments, but may not work exactly as expected. Refunds will not be given. If it breaks, you get to keep both parts.
All code herein is Copylefted.
Question2Answer is a free and open source platform for Q&A sites. For more information, visit: