This repo will remain for reference purposses
NodeOS on Docker
- Please first Install Docker
sudo docker run -t -i nodeos/nodeos
or learn how to make a Custom Build
NodeOS is a Node.js based operating system, built off of the Linux kernel. The eventual goal of NodeOS is to produce images that can be run on
- cloud providers like Joyent/Amazon/Rackspace
- local virtual machines, like VirtualBox, VMWare, and KVM
- PaaS providers like Heroku, or Joyent's Manta
- container providers, like Docker
Core development is being done in layers, facilitated by Docker.
- Layer-0 provides the boot loader and kernel (currently provided by Docker)
- Layer-1 provides the Linux shared libraries
- Layer-2 provides the Node.js binary
- Layer-3 provides the core NodeOS additions, like the init daemon and package manager
- Layer-4 is for customizing distributions
If you are hacking on NodeOS, you are likely building Layer-4 images.
Layer-4 images can be build entirely from a
where as the other layers require more finesse.
Build from Source
Warning: the build process is hairy, it prob. won't work the first time. I'm working on that.
git clone email@example.com:NodeOS/Docker-NodeOS.git cd Docker-NodeOS ./build