We got 150+ installs in the first week on Eclipse Marketplace!
nodeclipse-1 moved to https://github.com/Nodeclipse/nodeclipse-1
April 10th: We are in TOP100 on Marketplace!
April 24th: We are in TOP50 on Marketplace!
1072 installs only through Marketplace client in April.
May 1st 2013, Adam Schmideg & Formula/400 have blessed Nodeclipse to be new home for CoffeeScript Editor.
May 3rd 2013, Node Tool Suite aka NTS (Eclipse distribution with Nodeclipse-1 & Enide solution) is release on SourceForge.net
2013-05-19 Nodeclipse 0.4 is released.
2013-05-23 There was slow Internet connection, and deny of service ("No repository found" message in Eclipse) around period from 2012-05-22 21:00 UTC to 2012-05-23 9:30 UTC. This should be related to cloud provider hosting GitHub pages. Please report if you are unable to install. We look carefully.
1318 installs only through Marketplace client in May, TOP40 with position 38.
2013-06-27 Nodeclipse NTS 0.4.10 was released.
- June results:
- Nodeclipse 304 clickthroughs, 1763 installs with 32 rank on Marketplace 1% of all Marketplace installs,
- Enide 3496 clickthroughs. It is hard to say number of installs because some users maybe don't want to install this ways, while others can use the file to install on all machines in their company.
- Nodeclipse NTS got 16 clickthroughs and 49 installs. While once again own Eclipse distribution is not what most users want (at least as it seems after several days), this time it goes with all popular Enide plugins set. And because Enide has run into bug in new Eclipse Kepler. So for those wanting to save time installing all plugins on Kepler, ready to use NTS is good option. Downloading one big file from SourceForge may be quicker that installing 13 plugins from different updates sites.
- July results:
|Nodeclipse||285||2183 ( 1% )||31 / 660|
|Enide||4457||?||?||Not useful in Eclipse 4.3 Kepler (only as information source)|
|Nodeclipse NTS||48||725||USA 17%|
- August results:
|Nodeclipse||317||2245 ( 1% )||24 / 662|
|Enide||4963||?||?||Not useful in Eclipse 4.3 Kepler (only as information source)|
|Nodeclipse NTS||32||824||China 21%|
|CoffeeScript Editor||13||161||188 / 662|
|GFM VIew||32||572||83 / 662|
|Git Addon||30||326||132 / 662|
- September stats:
|Nodeclipse||330||1917 ( 1% )||30 / 668|
|Enide||7269||?||?||Not useful in Eclipse 4.3 Kepler (only as information source)|
|Nodeclipse NTS / Enide Studio||5+15+50||1,038||USA 16%|
|CoffeeScript Editor||2350||311||132 / 668|
|GFM VIew||17||585||82 / 668|
|Git Addon||5||400||110 / 668|
Nodeclipse became #1 in Eclipse Top 10 NEW Plugins for 2013
|Nodeclipse||287||740||62 / 685|
|Enide||10567||1588||28 / 685|
|Nodeclipse NTS / Enide Studio||?||6,674||Brazil 80%|
|CoffeeScript Editor||12||206||159 / 685|
|GFM VIew||15||456||86 / 685|
|Git Addon||10||260||139 / 685|
One-stop shop for Node.js tools.
We can't develop everything at once, but we let you know what are the best things around for Node.js development with Eclipse.
- Creating default structure for New Node Project and New Node Source File
- Creating new Express project
- Content Assistant
- NPM support
- Debugging - Breakpoint, Trace, etc... via Eclipse debugger plugin for V8
- Markdown (*.md files support; see Enide below)
- Support for Juno
- Window -> Show View -> Other... -> Markdown
- Click inside "Markdown HTML Preview" view to refresh rendering
- (Optional, may be useful because double whitespace is hard line break) Show whitespace character via Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors : checkbox labeled "Show whitespace characters"
Developing & Contributing
Main effort is Nodeclipse-1 Eclipse plugin.
(and expected 0.3) by Tomoyuki Inagaki; in development;
web-site 1 http://www.tomotaro1065.com/nodeclipse/
web-site 2 http://www.nodeclipse.org/
Old repository https://github.com/Nodeclipse/nodeclipse/ v0.1.8 by LambGao; update 4 months ago
Currently we focus on collecting ideas, and getting users feedback. For that we promote our project in developers communities and to our friends.
We are to come to regular releases in the future. But for now it is about shaping of project.
Nodeclipse-1 Eclipse plugins
Nodeclipse v0.2.0 was published on Eclipse Marketspace on March 27th 2013.
Node Tool Suite aka NTS (Eclipse distribution with Nodeclipse-1 & Enide solution) is available on SourceForge.net
For organization questions, create issue or send [email to dev group](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Nodeclipse-blog - Question &body=I have pressed link in Nodeclipse-blog).
So let us know what you think.
added by Paul Verest, 2013/3/26
We don't have goal to test Nodeclipse-1 plugin on all possible Eclipse distribution. It just works for us.
Below is list that we know Nodeclipse can run on:
- Eclipse for JavaEE Developers (4.2.2) Juno (Windows x32, x64)
- Eclipse for RCP & RAP Developers (4.2.2) Juno
- Eclipse for Testers (4.2.2) Juno
- STS 3.1.0.RELEASE, 3.2.0.RELEASE (based on Eclipse 3.8.1, 3.8.2 Juno)
- JBoss Developer Studio version 6.0.0.GA
- Aptana Studio (with background color changed, see #15 )
- Zend Studio 10.0
- Adobe Flash Builder 4.7
- on Indigo and Juno ( on on Ubuntsu and Mac OS X 10.6 )
- GGTS 3.1, based on Eclipse 3.8 (on Windows)
- Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers Juno SR2 (on Windows)
- STS 3.2 Eclipse 3.8.2) (on Windows)
- STS 2.9.1 (Eclipse 3.7.2) (on Windows)
- Eclipse for JavaEE Developers (4.2.2) Juno (on Windows)
If your work configuration used with Nodeclipse is different, please let us know
Known Issues and Limitations
Nodeclipse has no support for black background color schemes. #15
Please add your ideas below.
For Bloggers and Users of Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn, Weibo etc.
In case you plan to blog or tweet about the Nodeclipse plugin, please use the tags #nodeclipse #enide
in order to make it easier to find all the comments and pictures. Thanks a lot for telling the world about the project!
| 请用#nodeclipse# #enide# 标签微博一下。
| Por favor, utilizar etiqueta #nodeclipse #enide
| ツイートする時は、＃nodeclipse #enide タグを使用してください。
| Bitte benutzen Sie tag #nodeclipse #enide um zu twiten.