Awesomenauts File Modder with built-in game patching
- Download from releases
- For technical reaasons you must extract it inside the same drive as the game (it uses hard links)
- Add mods inside the
modsfolder, file extension must be .nfm (samples inside)
- run nfm.bat to launch the modder
- run dumper.bat to dump game contents into
Note: nfm.cfg is preloaded with a setting modification that will zoom out after you land your droppod.
What does it do?
- Find where you installed the game by looking for the game executable inside the folders listed in the cfg file.
- Create a hard link copy of every file in the game folder and place it inside
- See which files you want to modify by looking at sections that start with
file=, you must provide the whole relative path for the decryption/encryption to be valid.
- Decrypt the original file, do the modifications and re-encrypt it, placing the modified file inside
_env. This will not affect your original game files.
- Launch the game from inside
- Patch the game memory so it skip integrity checks. This is needed for the game to accept the modified file.
Improvement that I will never get to
- Support easy binded files modding, you'll have to bind them manually yourself
- Tell the game to reload game settings live
- Make the patch on the executable itself rather than memory. (harder to detect)