nRF Toolbox source code for release 188.8.131.52
The nRF Toolbox is a container app that stores your Nordic Semiconductor apps for Bluetooth Smart in one location.
It contains applications demonstrating Bluetooth Smart profiles:
- Heart Rate Monitor,
- Proximity Monitor,
- Nordic UART Monitor,
- Glucose Monitor,
- Device Firmware Update.(Only on github)
- Blood Pressure Monitor.
Device Firmware Update (DFU)
The DFU profile allows you to update the application, bootloader and/or the Soft Device image over-the-air (OTA). It is compatible with Nordic Semiconductor nRF51822, nRF51422 devices that have the S110 SoftDevice and bootloader enabled.
The DFU has the following features:
- Scans for devices that have DFU service,
- Uploads the selected firmware in Zip format. See nRF-Utility.
- Includes pre-installed examples that consist of a blinky firmware.
- Updates status
###DFU Settings: "save at" button - Choose a favorite location when downloading files from cloud service, for example OneDrive. "browse" button - Choose a firmware to update. The zip file should be packed by using nRF-Utility. "try example" - This function use blinky application as an example.
###Upload limitation The application sends 20-bytes size packets at a time.
###nRF-Utility DFU implementation on wp only supports valid zip file generated by using nRF-Utility. The tool will generate initial package and meta data of the uploaded firmware. The tool is shipped together with Master Control Pnel for pc. Download -> https://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Products/nRF51-DK The documentation of this tool is available here. nRF-Utility
- Windows Phone OS 8.1 has problem with service change indication, kindly waiting for update from Microsoft.
- Requires Windows Phone 8.1 or newer.
- Tested on Lumia 930, Lumia 635