The Thingy app is designed to work with the Nordic Thingy:52™ devices.
Nordic Thingy:52 is a compact, power-optimized, multi-sensor device built around the nRF52832 Bluetooth® 5 SoC from Nordic Semiconductor.
Capture, view, and interact with the sensor data acquired from your Thingy, with no programming skills required. Thanks to its simple Bluetooth API and IFTTT™ integration, the possibilities are endless!
Use this app to connect your mobile device with Thingy and gain access to the following functionalities:
- View the current temperature, humidity, air quality, and atmospheric pressure
- Use it as a compass, step counter, or detect taps on any of its axis
- Check the orientation of your Thingy and get live accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer data at a high rate
- Measure the gravity vector
- Trigger programmable events by pressing the button on top of the device
- Control the color, brightness, and mode of the RGB LED
- Stream PCM audio to its speaker, or play predefined notification sounds when events occur
- Stream audio from Thingy to a mobile device using the built-in microphone
- Play programmable tunes in frequency mode
- Using the free Thingy app, update the firmware on your Thingy as soon as new firmware versions are released
###For firmware and mobile developers: Thingy can be flashed with custom firmware, just like any other development kit from Nordic Semiconductor. The Thingy firmware package contains comprehensive documentation, so you can easily customize it to your own needs. Additionally, we provide an Android Library on JCenter for your Android development needs. These libraries are made exclusively for Thingy, to ensure that installation and mobile development are as smooth as possible! Learn more about Thingy at http://www.nordicsemi.com/thingy
If you're setting up the Nordic Thingy example app project from GitHub make sure to create your own project on the Google Developer Console and enable URLShortener API and use the API key in your project.
Android 4.3 or newer is required.
Tested on Samsung S3 with Android 4.3, Samsung S6 and S8 and on Nexus 5, 5X, 6, 6P, 9, Pixel and Pixel XL with lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
Location Services need to be enabled for scanning from android 6.0 Marshmallow and in addition, runtime permission ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION is also required.