- Added Python 3 support and removed Python 2 support (#250, #257, #267)
Python 3.7 is the minimum required version.
This major release marks the migration to Python 3.7, removing Python 2 support. This release also pulls in the latest of dependencies.
Dependency version constraints have intentionally been removed from setup.py to give projects pulling in nrfutil leeway and responsibility of ensuring compatibility and freezing dependencies. Unfortunately this means that installing nrfutil standalone from the egg may break anytime and require manually fixing dependencies. A new file
requirements-frozen.txt has been added which freezes the dependency environment from time of testing and should always work.
- Added a masterkey option for thread dfu (#182)
- Fixed loading of libusb library (#215)
- DFU trigger will attempt to resolve bootloader port even without reciving a libusb disconnection event (#221)
- Fixed error with uploading images with size being multiple of 64 bytes (#223)
- antlib module needs to be installed before doing ant DFU feature (#218)
- Revert "Placing public key in RAM if Oberon crypto backend is used." (#150)
- Remove required-flag from some options (#184)
- Tone down warning about overwriting nRF DFU settings backup page (#185)
- Perform address argument validation (#187)
- Addition of ANT transport for DFU (#189)
- Implement DFU trigger interface (#190 , #193 #196)
- Added libusb1 binaries for Windows and MacOS.
- Implemented device lister.
-snr(serial number) can be provided instead of
nrfutil dfu [usb-]serial.
- ATT MTU can be changed when performing
- Add options to configure serial update timeouts (#199)
- Change uart connect timeout (#201)
- Added EUI64 randomization to the Zigbee OTA DFU (#202, #204)
- Security Updates to Zigbee External Application and Boot Validation (#175)
- Generate Zigbee production config binary (#167)
- Improper handling of trigger requests during Thread DFU (#169)
The major version number was increased in this release is because of a change in DFU protocol, and the need to differentiate between SDK versions. More info in readme/versions.
- Add Zigbee DFU image support (experimental) (#161)
- Update sd-req list (#156)
- Update pc-ble-driver-py version
The reason for the major version change of this release is because of a change in DFU protocol, and the need to differentiate between SDK versions. After SDK 15.1 release, there is an additional page used in order to backup Bootloader DFU settings during value updates. nrfutil introduces a new flag, --no-backup, for compatibility with SDK version 12.0 to 15.0.
More info in readme.