Ansible library Foreman
Table of Contents
Ansible library to configure Foreman and manage hosts.
With the current implementation it's possible to create, update and delete the following Foreman Resources
- Compute Attributes
- Compute Profiles
- Compute Resources
- Config Templates
- Locations (needs Katello)
- Operatingsystem default templates
- Organizations (need s Katello)
- Partition Tables
- Smart Proxies
python-foreman >= 0.12.11 is required to be installed on the system where Ansible is started from.
The following parameters are always required so the module knows how to connect to the Foreman API v2. They are replaced in the examples by three dots (...).
foreman_host: foreman.example.com foreman_port: 443 foreman_user: admin foreman_pass: password
- name: Ensure Architecture foreman_architecture: name: x86_64 state: present foreman_host: foreman.example.com foreman_port: 443 foreman_user: admin foreman_pass: password
- name: Ensure Compute Profile foreman_compute_profile: name: 1-Small foreman_host: foreman.example.com foreman_port: 443 foreman_user: admin foreman_pass: password
- name: Ensure Compute Resource foreman_compute_resource: name: VMwareCluster01 state: present url: vsphere.example.com provider: VMWare user: ansible password: secret server: vsphere.example.com ...
This is an example to configure VMware vSphere attributes.
- name: Ensure Compute Attribute foreman_compute_attribute: compute_profile: 1-Small compute_resource: VMwareCluster1 vm_attributes: cluster: Cluster1 corespersocket: 1 cpus: 1 guest_id: otherGuest64 hardware_version: vmx-10 interfaces_attributes: '0': _delete: '' network: network-40 type: VirtualVmxnet3 '1': _delete: '' network: network-40 type: VirtualVmxnet3 new_interfaces: _delete: '' network: network-40 type: VirtualVmxnet3 memory_mb: 1024 path: /Datacenters/DC01/vm/example scsi_controller_type: ParaVirtualSCSIController volumes_attributes: '0': _delete: '' datastore: DS01 eager_zero: true name: Hard disk size_gb: 16 thin: true new_volumes: _delete: '' datastore: DS01 eager_zero: true name: Hard disk size_gb: 16 thin: true ...
Deploy existing file
- name: Ensure Config Template foreman_config_template: name: CoreOS Cloud-config locked: false operatingsystems: - CoreOS template_file: files/coreos-cloud-config snippet: true state: present ...
- name: Ensure Config Template foreman_config_template: name: CoreOS Cloud-config locked: false operatingsystems: - CoreOS template: "Some content" snippet: true state: present ...
- name: Ensure Domain foreman_domain: name: example.com state: present ...
- name: Ensure Environment foreman_environment: name: Production state: present ...
Provision using installation from medium
- name: Ensure Host foreman_host: name: ansible-host-01 state: running architecture: x86_64 domain: example.com environment: production medium: CoreOS provision_method: build root_pass: topsecret
Provision by clone from image
- name: Ensure Host foreman_host: name: ansible-host-03 state: running compute_resource: VMwareCluster01 hostgroup: Hostgroup01 image: CoreOS Image provision_method: image ...
Provision using a hostgroup
- name: Ensure Host foreman_host: name: ansible-host-02 state: running compute_resource: VMwareCluster01 hostgroup: Hostgroup01 provision_method: build ...
To delete a host Foreman must know the FQDN. Use one of the following methods:
- name: Ensure absent host foreman_host: name: ansible-host-01 domain: example.com state: absent ...
- name: Ensure absent host foreman_host: name: ansible-host-01.example.com state: absent ...
- name: Ensure Hostgroup foreman_hostgroup: name: Hostgroup01 architecture: x86_64 domain: example.com environment: production medium: CoreOS mirror operatingsystem: CoreOS partition_table: CoreOS Partition Table subnet: example.com state: present ...
- name: Ensure Location foreman_location: name: Location01 state: present ...
- name: Ensure Medium foreman_medium: name: CoreOS path: http://$release.release.core-os.net os_family: CoreOS state: present ...
- name: Ensure Operatingsystem foreman_operatingsystem: name: CoreOS major: 633 minor: 0.0 architectures: - x86_64 media: - CoreOS mirror ptables: - CoreOS default fake state: present ...
Operatingsystem default template
- name: Ensure Operatingsystem default template foreman_os_default_template: operatingsystem: CoreOS config_template: CoreOS PXELinux template_kind: PXELinux state: present ...
Works only if Katello is used
- name: Ensure Organization foreman_organization: name: MyOrganization state: present ...
- name: Ensure partition table foreman_ptable: name: MyPartitionTable layout: 'some layout' os_family: CoreOS state: present ...
- name: Ensure Role foreman_role: name: MyRole state: present
- name: Ensure Smart Proxy foreman_smart_proxy: name: SmartProxy01 url: http://localhost:8443 state: present ...
- name: Ensure User foreman_user: login: MyUser admin: false auth: 'Internal' firstname: Testing lastname: User mail: firstname.lastname@example.org password: topsecret roles: - Manager - Viewer state: present
Copyright 2015 Thomas Krahn
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.