Vue.js Example Application
This application is a starting point application for demos. It is based on the Vuejs 2 Authentication Tutorial created on the Auth0 blog.
- Install Visual Studio Code, the Insiders Edition is highly recommended.
- Ensure you have vue and nodemon globally installed
npm install -g @vue/cli nodemon
- Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/NotMyself/vue-example.git
- Change directory into the cloned repository
- Open the workspace
- Open the integrated terminal in code Ctrl+`
- Run the init script
- Run the start script
This will start both the backend server and the front end client. To quit use Ctrl+C.
Suggested Code Extensions
This project has a set of suggested extensions for Visual Studio Code. They are intended to make the development experience on the code base easier.
- dotENV - .env syntax highlighting
- ESLint - Integrates ESLint into VS Code
- Import Cost - Show the file size cost of your imports
- Vetur - Vue tooling for VS Code
- REST Client - REST Client allows you to send HTTP request and view the response in Visual Studio Code directly.
This project has a set of editor settings for Visual Studio Code. They are related to the suggested extension and wire up some automated code formatting.
Combined these settings will cause the prettier code formatter to run on save as well as configure prettier to respect eslint defined rules.
Testing the API
You can open the
example.http file in the
server directory to test the api with rest-client. If you accepted the workspace suggested extensions, it should already be installed.
Simply, click the
Send Request link above the API call you want to make.