This is my second tool for Maya. It works in Maya 2015 and 2017. It applys random transformations to the selected objects.
How to install:
- Download current version.
- Extract to User/Documents/maya/MAYAVERSION/scripts/
How to use:
- Drag and Drop the RIR_Start.mel file into your open maya scene or copy and paste the code into a shelf button.
- Select the objects you want to transform randomly.
- Change some settings, save them as preset if you want to or choose a preset.
- Hit the Apply Transfom button.
- As long as you don't change the selection you can undo the transforms with the Reset Transform button.
- Holding ALT while clicking Apply Transform uses the alternative action. Resetting the last transfrom, generating a new random seed and applying new transforms.
- Scale is additive for now.
- Transformations done with this tool are not undoable with Ctrl+Z you need to use the button.
- Integrate into maya undo so that it works with Ctrl+Z
- Rework interface and add a few more handy options.
- Create a help-popup.