High-performance WebTorrent tracker.
WebTorrent tracker is a required component of WebTorrent and P2P Media Loader (peer-to-peer networks for web browsers) to do WebRTC signaling - exchanging connection data (i.e. SDP) between peers - joining them into swarms.
- handles more than 40k WebSocket Secure (HTTPS) peers on a VPS with only 2 GiB memory and 1 virtual CPU thanks to uWebSockets.js I/O backend and perfomance optimizations in the code
- handles ws:// (HTTP) and wss:// (HTTPS) connections simultaneously
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- robust and well-tested: CI, unit tests, static code analyzis, 100% TypeScript
- supports tracker "scrape" extension
- statistics under /stats.json URL
- P2P Media Loader - an open-source engine for P2P streaming of live and on demand video directly in a web browser HTML page
- Novage, LLC - P2P development, support & consulting
- WebTorrent - streaming torrent client for the web https://webtorrent.io
- uWebSockets.js - the Node.js bindings to µWebSockets, one of the most efficient web servers available
Node.js 10+ is required.
npm install npm run build
node dist/run-uws-tracker.js [config.json]
npm start [config.json]
|servers.websockets.path||string||URL pattern for the WebSockets endpoint|
|servers.websockets.maxPayloadLength||number||The maximum length of received message|
|servers.websockets.midleTimeout||number||The maximum amount of seconds that may pass without sending or getting a message. Being idle for more than this, and the connection is severed.|
|servers.websockets.compression||0,1,2||0 = no compression, 1 = shared compressor, 2 = dedicated compressor (see details)|
|servers.websockets.maxConnections||number||The maximum number of WebSocket connections. 0 = no limit.|
|tracker.maxOffers||number||The maximum number of client's WebRTC SDP offers that are processed|
|tracker.announceInterval||number||Desired announce interval in seconds required from the clients|
Index HTML page
You can specify a content of the index page by creating
index.html file in the working directory.