Materials for the population-level estimation tutorial. This workshop is for researchers who want to design and execute causal effect estimation studies for safety surveillance and comparative effectiveness using the OHDSI tools. The focus will be on the new-user comparative cohort design using propensity scores.
- Thorough understanding of the OMOP Common Data Model (CDM) - See the CDM chapter.
- Thorough understanding of the OMOP Standardized Vocabularies - See the Standardized Vocabularies chapter.
- Thorough understanding of how to define cohorts using OHDSI's ATLAS - See the Defining Cohorts chapter
- [Recommended] Ability to program in R - There are many R courses available, for example the Coursera.
Before taking this course, students must read:
- Graham et al., Cardiovascular, Bleeding, and Mortality Risks in Elderly Medicare Patients Treated With Dabigatran or Warfarin for Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation, Circulation. 2015 Jan 13;131(2):157-64.
- The Book of OHDSI in general.
- The Population-Level Estimation chapter and Method Validity chapter specifically.
Materials for Students
Previously Recorded Tutorials
This tutorial has been given and recorded previously if you would like to preview it.