ORCID CONVERSION UTIL
Simple application that takes an ORCID XML or JSON file and outputs the other version to the console or a file. Available as a stand-alone executable jar, which can can be found in the /target directory. The application is designed to work with full ORCID record metadata. Partial records will not be processed. This application can also process convert the ORCID data dump from XML to JSON.
Works with V2.0 and V2.1 (default) versions of the schema.
If you wish to use the JAXB beans directly, please use orcid-model.jar as it contains just the model and none of the dependencies.
- Make sure you have Java 1.8 or greater installed on your machine
- Download the orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar executable jar and execute:
java -jar orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar OPTIONS
- --input-file [-i] (a string; default: "") Location of the input file (optional, can pipe in)
- --format [-f] (xml or json; default: "xml") the format of the source file
- --output-file [-o] (a string; default: "") Location of the output file (optional, can pipe out)
- --schema-version [-v] (v2_0, v2_1 or v3_0rc1; default: "v2_1") the schema version of the source file
- --[no]schema-validate [-s] (a boolean; default: "false") If true, validate XML input and output against the schema
- --[no]tarball [-t] (a boolean; default: "false") If true, input is a tar.gz containing XML, output is tar.gz containing JSON
java -jar orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar --help
java -jar orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar < ../src/test/resources/test-publiclib-record-2.1.xml
java -jar orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar -i ../src/test/resources/test-publiclib-record-2.1.xml
java -jar orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar -i ../src/test/resources/test-publiclib-record-2.1.json -f json
java -jar orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar -i ../src/test/resources/test-publiclib-record-2.1.json -f json -o /tmp/record.xml
java -jar orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar -i ../src/test/resources/test-publiclib-record-2.0.xml -v v2_0
Converting the ORCID data dump
The following will convert the entire contents of a tar.gz file from XML to JSON, preserving paths. Files are renamed from *.xml to *.json.
java -jar orcid-conversion-lib-0.0.2-full.jar --tarball -i ../src/test/resources/test-archive-2.0.tar.gz -v v2_0 -o /tmp/output.tar.gz
The executable jar also includes a simple translation class to parse XML and JSON into JAXB annotated beans and contains the full ORCID 2.0/2.1 model as JAXB annotated beans. However, as the jar contains all transitive dependencies, it is not advisable to use it as a dependency in your own projects.
If you wish to use the JAXB beans directly, please use the orcid-model jar. This contains just the model and none of the dependencies.