Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Technic Installation Guide
Installing Pixelmon through the Technic Launcher is super easy. We made this even easier by giving you a step by step guide that will help you launch Minecraft with all your limbs. Trust me, 110% of experts recommend this.
- Visit the Technic Launcher download page, and scroll down. After choosing the file that fits your operating system (Windows, Linux or MAC OS), start downloading the launcher.
- Once it is done downloading, double-click the file, and follow the instructions as they appear. It'll finish fairly quickly.
- As it finishes, you should now see on your Desktop a
Technic Launcherexecutable. Double-click it to run, and login to your Minecraft account by submitting your username/email and password, and launch it.
- Profit. You should now be able to visit our Pixelmon modpack page, where you can download and install the game directly.
- In the Technic Launcher, navigate to the "Launcher Options" header, located on the top right corner.
- Select "JAVA Parameters" and with the "Memory" dropdown, assign
2GBto your launcher. Make sure that JAVA Minecraft version in use is labeled as "64-bit". Save, and exit the option menu.
- Back into the modpack, you can now simply click "Play". Once on the multiplayer screen, you should be able to see Oblique in the server listing, where our address is
- Easy peasy lemon squeezy, welcome to Oblique-y.
Forge Installation Guide
...So you prefer going about it the (not really) hard way? Then try this version of installation of below. You should find it'll be done fairly quickly.
- First download here the Forge version for Minecraft. Depending on your operating system, download either the "Installer-win" (Windows) or "Installer" (macOS/Linux) file.
- Once it finishes, double-click the installer.It will automatically run, though make sure you select "client" once prompted.
- When it is done installing, open the Minecraft launcher and select the "Launch options" tab on the header of the launcher where you'll create a new launch profile.
- In the drop-down menu labeled "Version", you'll find an option named after the Forge you just installed. Select it, and save your profile.
- Navigate back to the launcher's main tab and start Minecraft.
- Once it loads, check the bottom-left corner of the menu. If the Forge version is listed there, you have installed Forge correctly.
- Close Minecraft; the game cannot be open as you install Pixelmon.
- Download Pixelmon's file here. Once it is done, make sure the size is a bit over
400MB. If it is not the case, it means the file is corrupted - re-download it.
- Once again, launch Minecraft and edit the profile where you installed Forge.
- Find the text box labeled "Game directory". At the right of this box will be an green icon of a folder and an arrow. Click on it to open the Minecraft game directory folder. Alternatively, you can find it in
- In the folder, you should see a
/modsdirectory. If you do not see one, create it.
- Place the downloaded Pixelmon file inside the mods folder, and then navigate back to Minecraft.
- In the profile options, make sure the "Advanced Options" switch is on.
- In the "JVM Arguments" text box, find the text that reads
-Xmx. After this text, there will be a number and a letter; e.g.,
-Xmx512M. Change this to
- Save the profile and launch the game. You now have installed sucessfully Pixelmon.
- In your Multiplayer screen, you can now enter Oblique's address,
- Easy peasy lemon squeezy, welcome to Oblique-y V.2.