Terra Gym Rules
Welcome to the Oblique gyms! The gyms here are meant to be an introduction to competitive play. The gyms have a normal mode and a level 100 advanced difficulty. This page will give you everything you need to know about the gyms, along with some pointers for getting started.
- Players may refight a gym once every 24 hours, excluding Ground normal which has a 12 hour cooldown between fights.
- Borrowed Pokemon will result in an instant disqualification.
- Players must show the normal badge to challenge advanced.
- Selling of gym badges is forbidden.
- Players' Pokemon may be 5 levels higher than the gym leaders' Pokemon.
- Players must disable leveling before challenging the gym. To do this go to your Pokemon's summary and above the level button click the L and click "Yes". Do this for each Pokemon.
- Mega Evolution is banned in the normal gyms.
- Using the bag option is banned.
- Legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts are banned in all gym fights.
- Z-Moves are only allowed in advanced. Attacking Z-moves only. Kommonium Z is banned.
- Causing an infinite battle is banned.
- Illegally evolved Pokemon are banned (Example: A level 25 Floatzel even though it evolves at 26).
CLAUSES AND BANNED MOVES/ABILITIES
- Belly Drum
NORMAL & ADVANCED
- OHKO Moves
- Double Team/Minimize
- F.E.A.R. of any form
- Baton Pass
- Species Clause (Players can't have 2 or more Pokemon of the same dex number. For example, a player can have a Slowbro and a Slowking but can't have multiple Rotoms, regardless of form.) BANNED POKEMON
- Blaziken (includes mega)
You should EV train all your Pokemon. EV training can be summed up as defeating a specific Pokemon to raise a certain stat of your Pokemon. Pokemon that are easy to find include
- HP - Marill (Ione: 143, 97, -558)
- Attack - Arbok (Agni: -608, 38, -152)
- Defence - Sandslash (Agni: -641, 38, -126)
- Special Attack - Sunflora (Arvandor: 875, 70, 657)
- Special Defence - Hitmontop (Nogrod: -674, 107, -689)
- Speed - Basculin - (Agni: -620, 36, -50)
You can check your EVs by using /evs followed by the slot number. 255 is the maximum number of EVs you can put into a specific stat with every 4EVs raising the stat by 1 point (This assumes the Pokemon is level 100)
Smogon is an amazing site to learn about competitive play. You can use it to search up sets and EV spreads for any Pokemon in the game. Pokemon Showdown is a battling simulator where you can practice battling. You can utilize it to hone your battling skills.