Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 40 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The estimate below assumes:
- 500 users in the tenant
- user has sends 1 question per week (asks the bot, then escalates to an SME)
- SME team assigns the ticket, then closes it
- SME team uses the messaging extension 25 times per week, across the entire team
The recommended SKUs for a production environment are:
- QnAMaker: Standard (S0)
- App Service: Standard (S1)
- Azure Search: Basic
- Create up to 14 knowledge bases
- The Azure Search service cannot be upgraded in place, so select a tier that will meet your anticipated needs.
Number of QnA queries: 500 users * 5 questions/user/month = 2500 questions/month
Data storage: 1 GB max
Table data operations:
- (2 reads/question * 2500 questions) + (1 read/escalation * 2500 escalations) + (1 read/update * 2 updates/ticket * 2500 tickets) = 10000 reads
- (1 write/update * 3 updates/ticket * 2500 tickets) = 7500 writes
IMPORTANT: This is only an estimate, based on the assumptions above. Your actual costs may vary.
Prices were taken from the Azure Pricing Overview on 15 August 2019, for the West US 2 region.
Use the Azure Pricing Calculator to model different service tiers and usage patterns.
|Storage account (Table)||Standard_LRS||< 1GB data, 17,500 operations||$0.05 + $0.01 = $0.06|
|Bot Channels Registration||F0||N/A||Free|
|App Service Plan||S1||744 hours||$74.40|
|App Service (Messaging Extension)||-||(charged to App Service Plan)|
|Application Insights (Messaging Extension)||-||< 5GB data||(free up to 5 GB)|
|App Service (Configuration)||-||(charged to App Service Plan)|
|Application Insights (Configuration)||-||< 5GB data||(free up to 5 GB)|
|QnAMaker Cognitive Service||S0||$10|
|App Service (QnAMaker)||F0||(charged to App Service Plan)|
|Application Insights (QnAMaker)||-||< 5GB data||(free up to 5 GB)|