I'm doing a switch from 2 frequently used computers (personal and work) to a new, unique one. On the way, transferring and merging my bookmarks is a headache ! I'm also using several browsers at once, and even when using cool backup/restore, I can't easily sync, merge and transfer my bookmarks. Also, the UI experience of the bookmarks is not the same.
Solution: I'll put my bookmarks in a markdown file in a GitHub repo, and build a GitHub pages hosted minisite to spice up their display !
- (optional) create a dedicated GitHub organisations
- Fork this repo
- activate github-pages for the new repo
Edit the files in the "content" folder (should be trivial)
Inspiration and hat tips
See package.json, plus thanks to:
- Cool CSS3 loader https://github.com/Haonancx/CSS3-Loader
- Awesome GitHub pages trick from Lea Verou http://lea.verou.me/2016/11/url-rewriting-with-github-pages/
- GitHub corners https://github.com/tholman/github-corners
- Google Fonts