Yeoman generator that scaffolds out a front-end web app.
Please see our gulpfile.js for up to date information on what we support.
- CSS Autoprefixing (new)
- Built-in preview server with LiveReload
- Automagically compile Sass
- Automagically lint your scripts
- Awesome Image Optimization (via OptiPNG, pngquant, jpegtran and gifsicle)
- TODO: Mocha Unit Testing with PhantomJS
- TODO: Optional - Leaner Modernizr builds (new)
For more information on what
generator-gulp-webapp can do for you, take a look at the Gulp plugins used in our
npm install -g generator-gulp-webapp
gulpfor building and
gulp watchfor preview
To install dependencies, run
bower install depName --save to get the files, then add a
style tag to your
index.html or an other appropriate place.
Skips the automatic execution of
npmafter scaffolding has finished.
mocha. Can be switched for another supported testing framework like
See the contributing docs
Note: We are regularly asked whether we can add or take away features. If a change is good enough to have a positive impact on all users, we are happy to consider it.
generator-gulp-webapp is fork-friendly and you can always maintain a custom version which you
npm install && npm link to continue using via
yo gulp-webapp or a name of your choosing.