Note: The SharePoint Framework is currently in preview and is subject to change. SharePoint Framework client-side web parts are not currently supported for use in production enviornments.
3D Carousel Web Part
The 3D Carousel Web Part is a SharePoint client side web part built with the SharePoint Framework (SPFx) in the preview version. This web part adds a 3D carousel animation with picture, title and link. This project uses the JQuery plugin jquery.cloud9carousel.js created by R. Cecco. This web part uses also the Custom Fields library to enhance the web part edition experience.
Thanks to this WP, you can insert your text, change the radius, the direction, the size, the font, etc. Your title has now an awesome look.
You can configure the following Web Part settings:
- Manage items: Collection of carousel items. An item is composed of a Title (mnandatory), a Picture Url (mandatory), a boolean to indicate if the item is enabled or disabled, a link url (optional) and a link text (optional).
- Item Height: Carousel item height in pixels (default 180)
- Speed: Relative speed factor of the carousel. Any positive number: 1 is slow, 4 is medium, 10 is fast. Adjust to your liking
- Autoplay: Automatically rotate the carousel by this many items periodically. Auto-play is not performed while the mouse hovers over the carousel container (default is true).
- Autoplay delay: Delay, in milliseconds, between auto-play spins (default is 4000)
- Height: Carousel container's height in pixels (default is 400)
- Show Title: Indicates if the title is displayed or not (default is true)
- Show Buttons:Indicates if the buttons are displayed or not (default is true)
- Bring to Front: Indicates if clicking an item will rotate it to the front (default is true)
- Mirror Gap: Vertical gap in pixels between the bottom of the item (at full size) and the top of its reflection (default is 2)
- Mirror Height: The height of the reflection relative to the height of the item (range: 0 to 1) (default is 0.2)
- Mirror Opacity: Opacity of the reflection at its top (most visible part) (range: 0 to 1) (default is 0.4)
- Y Origin: Center of the carousel (y coordinate)
- Y Radisu: Half the height of the carousel
- X Origin: Center of the carousel (x coordinate)
- X Radisu: Half the width of the carousel
- Title Font: specifies the Title font family as Arial, Verdana, etc.
- Title Size: sets the Title font size
- Title Color: sets the Title font color
Run this web part in the SharePoint workbench
git clone the repo npm i tsd install gulp serve
If you need more information about to develop SharePoint Framework client side web part, deploy and test it on your workbench station, you can consult the following tutorial: https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/wiki/Setup-SharePoint-Tenant
How to use it in the local or the SharePoint workbench
By compiling this code on a configured workstation, you can test this web part on your local SharePoint workbench or on a developer site. Please follow the tutorials in the SPFx tutorial to know the process : https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/wiki/Setup-SharePoint-Tenant
##The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2016 Olivier Carpentier
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.