Photopile Web Part Overview
The photopile-web-part project is a SharePoint web part built using the SharePoint Framework (SPFx). This Web Part uses the great Photopile.Js created by Brian W. Howell (a popular jquery script) as a client side web part for SharePoint.
With this Web Part, you can display the photos contained in a SharePoint Pictures Library as a cool image gallery that simulates a pile of photos scattered about on a surface. Thumbnail clicks remove photos from the pile, (enlarging them as if being picked up by the user), and once in view a secondary click returns the photo to the pile.
This web part uses React, Office UI Fabric, JQuery, JQuery UI and Photopile.js. This web part is available in English (en-us) and French (fr-fr). You can use this web part with SharePoint Online (Office 365) or SharePoint Server 2016.
It is able to:
- List Picture Libs contained in the current SharePoint web site
- List all the pictures in the selected List
- Render the pics as a cool photopile
- Personalize the layout thanks to editable settings
If you are a SharePoint web developer, you can be interested by the following code patterns :
- Include JQuery and external framework in your solution
- Implement rich web part properties panel with controls like DropDown, Sliders, Toggle, etc.
- Load dynamic data from SharePoint as web part properties
- Load dynamic data from SharePoint REST Services, as lists or items
- Implement mock system to test your solution in the local workbench or on a SharePoint site
- Include Office UI Fabric controls in your project
- Render content with React
Installing the web part
Click here to access to the Installation Process. You can install and test this web part without compiling the code by following this procedure.
Minimal Path to Awesome
- Clone this repository
- in the command line run:
|1.0||October 2016||Initial release|
|spfx-40-fantastics||Olivier Carpentier (@olivierc)|
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2016 Olivier Carpentier
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.