ROPInjector - Rite Of Passage ROP Injector
Rite Of Passage ROP Injector. Injects a ROP into target process. It allows to choose either regular ROP (that uses VirtualProtect) or a Rite Of Passage ROP that bypasses most endpoint exploit protections. It performs injection using the following steps:
- Allocate Read/Write memory on target process.
- Write the shellcode to that memory.
- Create a new thread on target process.
- Inject a ROP to the new thread (using Get/SetThreadContext).
- ROP will modify protection of the shellcode memory into Executable (using either a call to VirtualProtect or a Rite Of Passage call to NtProtectVirtualMemory).
- Next, the ROP will run the shellcode.
- Shellcode creates a mutex named "PWN3D!" and terminates the thread.
Work In Progress
This is still a preliminary version intended as a POC. The code works only on x64 processes and tested against Windows 10 (should also work on Windows 8.1 but not tested).
To inject a normal ROP:
To inject a Rite Of Passage ROP.
ROPInjector.exe [ProcessId] RiteOfPassage
Project was created with Visual Studio 2015.