This is the script that I have used to download the codechef problem statements.
Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Beautiful Soup Module
- If you are using Debian or any Debian based Linux distro such as Ubuntu then you can install Beautiful Soup by
apt-get install python-bs4(for Python 2) or
apt-get install python3-bs4(for Python 3)
- If you prefer downloading via pip you can download it by executing these commands:
pip install beautifulsoup4(for Python 2) or
pip3 install beautifulsoup4(for Python 3)
- If you are using Debian or any Debian based Linux distro such as Ubuntu then you can install Beautiful Soup by typing
- This module is built-in for Python 3
- Python 2 users can use urllib2 in the program
How to Use
- Download or fork the repository.
- Make sure all the requirements are satisfied.
- Run the application by executing
python3 CodechefProblemStatementDownloader.pycommand in your terminal.
- Each problem statement gets downloaded and is written in a text file. The file is named according to the code name given by the codechef.
- Each file contains the problem statement as described on the codechef website
- Problem statements are arranged according to their level. Beginner (School), easy , medium, hard, challenge, peer (extcontest) are the levels defined by codechef
- Add the progess bar for downloads.
- Improve the overall execution using multitasking.