A cross-platform GUI framework from scratch just to learn.... that is already AWESOME!
Xamarin Forms is OK, but has too many limitations
What about having a Presentation Framework that:
- Loads the UI from the same XAML for every platform?
- It looks exactly the same in every platform?
OmniGUI is the answer
- You can use OmniGUI inside you Xamarin Forms/Native project because OmniGUI renders inside a view, like any other control :)
- OmniGUI's XAML looks similar to WPF/UWP/Silverlight
- Uses Reactive Programming. Be Reactive, my friend.
- MVVM-ready. The controls in each platform have BindingContext (DataContext) to attach to your ViewModels and use
- It currently runs on
- Windows Desktop
- Universal Windows Platform
- more platforms with a few touches :)
Running on UWP
Running on iOS
Running on Android
Running on Windows Desktop
Running on Linux (Ubuntu)
How it works? https://github.com/OmniGUI/OmniGUI/wiki/How-it-works
If you want to know more, just ping me in Twitter at @SuperJMN.