Exporting a private key from Bitcoin Qt Bitcoin Core and importing to Omniwallet.org
To export a private key from your Bitcoin-Qt / Bitcoin Core client:
- Launch your Bitcoin client
- Click on 'help' in the menu bar (top right)
- Click on 'debug window'
- Select the 'console' tab
- If your wallet is protected by a passphrase (i.e. you have to enter a passphrase before you can send) unlock it by typing
- walletpassphrase "your walletpassphrase here" 600
dumpprivkey [your Bitcoin address here]
- This will return the private key which will start with the number 5
- Once you have your private key if you had to unlock your wallet you can relock it by exiting or typing:
- Once you have this you can go to https://www.omniwallet.org and click 'Create a New Wallet' (or log into a wallet you already created).
- Once you have created and logged into your new wallet go to the 'My Address' page and click the 'Import Address with Private Key' Button.
- Enter the private key you exported and in a few moments that address should be added to your wallet and displayed in the list below giving you access to your BTC and any Omni Protocol properties on that address.