Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Help, my MFA Code isn't working I can't login
Since the MFA authentication currently being used by Omniwallet leverages a Time-based One-time Password Algorithm, the most common cause of MFA login/authentication issues comes from a sync problem where the time of the users MFA device does not match the time being used by the server when validating the MFA code.
The quickest/simplest solution is to check your device and make sure the time is accurate and/or force the MFA software on your device to resync itself.
- Go to the main menu on the Google Authenticator app
- Select Settings
- Select Time correction for codes
- Select Sync now
- On the next screen, the app will confirm that the time has been synced, and you should now be able to use your verification codes to sign in.
- Note: The sync will only affect the internal time of your Google Authenticator app, and will not change your device’s Date & Time settings.
- Open the Settings app of your iPhone home screen
- Select General
- Select Date & Time
- Disable Set Automatically Option and re-enable again.
- Reboot your device.
If you are using something different, consult the documentation for your device/software.