Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How do I Backup\Export my wallet \ access my private keys?
On the 'Overview' page you can export a copy of your wallet.
This backup file is a json formatted file which contains every address and private key (if known) for the current addresses in your wallet at the time of backup.
Steps to Backup/Export your wallet:
- Login to your Omniwallet
- Navigate to the 'Overview' page
- Click 'Wallet Options' -> 'Backup Wallet'
- Confirm your wallet password
- Confirm the Backup name for the file (Default will be your Wallet ID)
- Select the Addresses you want to backup/export
- Trading Addresses: An address that has a known private key.
- You can create/sign/broadcasts transactions with these addresses.
- Offline Addresses: A limited address whose private key is maintained offline in Armory.
- Transactions can be created but can only be signed offline with Armory.
- Watch Addresses: An address with no private key you want to trick balance information for only.
- No transactions can be created.
- Confirm the export/backup.
- Your file will be saved/downloaded to your browsers default download location with the .json
- You can open up this file with any standard text editor to view the contents.
- We do not recommend modifying the file contents/format as it can disrupt the ability to restore/import the backup file.
Important: Your backup file is a snapshot of your wallet contents at the time you created it. If you add new addresses to your wallet you should immediately create a new backup, replacing your old backup.