Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Recovering Omni Protocol Funds accidentally sent to a BRD Wallet
How to export your Private key from BRD Wallet and import it into Omniwallet.org.
It should be possible to recover the funds as long as you can access your recovery phase for your BRD Wallet account. If you do not know your recovery phrase then take a look at the following support article from the BRD Support team on how to Access your BRD wallet Paper Key
One you have your recovery words/phrase you can proceed with the instructions below
- Once you have your recovery phrase you will need access to the Bip39 generator
- We recommend you download the 'bip39-standalone.html' file directly from github to thumbdrive
- On your offline machine access/open/load the 'bip39-standalone.html' file
- Enter your recovery phrase/seed in the webpage next to 'BIP39 Mnemonic'
- Choose number of words = '12' (or set the number of words for how many were in your recovery phrase)
- Scroll down to the 'Derivation Path' choose bip32, then for the 'client' choose 'MultiBit HD'
- Leave all the rest of the entries set to their default
- Scroll down to the 'Derived Addresses' section and you should now see a list of addresses that will match the list of addresses in your wallet.
- Find the address in question that you accidentally sent your funds to and copy its private key.
- Once you have this you can go to https://www.omniwallet.org and click 'Create a New Wallet' (or log into a wallet you already created).
- Once you have created/logged into your wallet go to the 'My Address' page and click the 'Import Address with Private Key' Button.
- Enter the private key you copied/found in the previous step and in a few moments that address should be added to your wallet and displayed in the list below giving you access to your BTC and any Omni Protocol Properties on that address.
- If the newly imported address does NOT match the address you are expecting try taking a look at this article: After importing my private key and the address I get is different than what I expected!