Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
An application for migrating the configuration of JBoss AS 5-based servers to JBoss AS 7-based servers.
- 2014 05-01 WindRide is becoming a part of Windup: https://github.com/windup/windup/
- 2013-10-21 As of 1.2.0, WindRide's Maven structure is split to engine, rules, and later, plugins.
- 2013-10-10 Released 1.1.0 with WindUp integration.
- 2013-10-06 Working on WindUp integration. Will appear in 1.1.0.
- 2013-08-26 Released 1.0.0. Generally available for testing & playing.
- 2013-07-30 Released 0.11.0. Contains externalized rules. Will become 1.0.0 soon.
- 2013-07-30 Renamed the project to WindRide.
- 2013-07-22 New video covering the externalized rules published, see Videos.
- Reads the source server configuration
- Transfers the logical components of the configuration to the target server
- Rolls back all changes made if something goes wrong
- Identifies the source server version
- Detects file changes against the server distribution archive
- Creates a XML/HTML report about the migration
- JBoss AS/EAP specific:
- Can migrate to a remote destination server
- Can create modules, e.g. for JDBC drivers
- Produces a CLI script which can be reused later
- Externalized Migrator Definition Rules
- JAXB beans can be validated using BeanValidation 1.1 / Hibernate Validator 5
Features in progress
- WindUp integration - can assess the deployed applications and create HTML reports.
- Can compare configuration value changes against those in the server distribution archive
- Operates on a newly created target server profile, leaves the original configuration intact
- Can launch the target server to verify if the migration succeeded
- Support for other source servers (Oracle WebLogic, GlassFish, IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, Resin)
- Where to Download
- How to Run
- How Backup Works
- Supported Servers
- Migrators - about, and configuration of specific modules
- Issue tracker / bug reports / known issues (component Mig57)
- Related Projects
- How to Build
- Developer Info
- GitHub repository - Ondrej Zizka
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.