Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
In-App Messaging Implemented for iOS
- Added In-App Messaging to iOS
Updates from OneSignal-iOS-SDK 2.11.0
- Added in In App Messaging feature
- Various minor bug fixes
Updates from OneSignal-Android-SDK 3.11.4
- Fixed getActiveNotifications() crash related to NotificationManager class
- Similar to issue #422, but for Android 8.0.0 Samsung devices
- Fixed an issue with In App Messaging where a drag would sometimes trigger an action
iOS 13 Beta 2+ pushToken and Other Android Misc Fixes
Updates from OneSignal-iOS-SDK 2.10.1
- Fixed deviceToken format error with iOS 13 Beta 2+ which was preventing the device from subscribing to OneSignal.
Updates from OneSignal-Android-SDK 3.11.2
- On Android N (7.0)+ devices when 4 or more notifications are shown tapping on the group is now handled
- Issue was related to Android's auto grouping feature.
- Now counts the most recent notification in the group being opened when the summary notification is tapped.
- Android - Fix NPE errors when app is resumed when
- Android - Fixed "App may not schedule more than 100 distinct jobs" error, mostly affecting Samsung devices in rare cases
Android - In-App Messages & Changing AppId Fixes
- See the OneSignal In-App quickstart guide for more details.
- When re-initializing with a different AppId the device registers correctly without requiring an app cold start
- Dashboard parameters are now correctly refreshed as well from the new app id.
- Replaced GCM dependency with Firebase Messaging dependency
Xamarin.GooglePlayServices.Ads.Identifierto fix missing
AdvertisingIdClientwhen upgrading to version
UnsubscribeWhenNotificationsDisabledbuilder method for Android.
- Notification Channels / Categories, added invalid format handling to LED colors.
- PR #775
AndroidManifest.xmlcheck when using newest init method.
- PR #786
- Fixed location permission prompting and session count / time tracking after privacy consent is accepted.
- PR #772
Updated Native OneSignal SDKs & Android Dependencies
- Updated to Android OneSignal SDK 3.10.8
- Updated to iOS SDK 2.10.0
- Removed upper bounds for Android dependencies to Google Play services and the Android Support Library
External User ID Support
• This update adds new methods (
RemoveExternalUserId) allowing you to target push notifications using your own custom user ID's instead of having to store OneSignal player ID's.
Android Fixes & Improvements
OneSignal Android 3.10.5 SDK
BOOT_COMPLETEDis the correct intent action
- Catches security exception from Job Intent Service
- Fixes issue #673
iOS SDK Fixes & Improvements
OneSignal iOS 2.9.4 SDK
- Small update that includes a fix for an issue that would have caused rare crashes, due to invalid HTTP request bodies being serialized into JSON
• Updates the native Android and iOS SDK's
iOS 2.8.8 Improvements & Fixes
• This release fixes an issue (#410) where users that add buttons/functionality to a notification by directly using UNNotificationCategory instead of using our API would cause a crash
• Fixes a thread synchronization issue that would have deadlocked the main thread in very rare situations on initialization (#409)
• Fixes an issue where improperly formatted button JSON (from the create notification API) would cause the SDK to insert nil objects into an NSDictionary instance, causing an EXC_BAD_ACCESS (#402)
• Adds an additional dynamic framework/cocoapod for developers who previously encountered 'transitive dependency' errors using our SDK indirectly as a dependency of another cocoapod in Swift projects (#412)
• #403 Fixes a bug that only effected wrapper SDK's, such Cordova and React-Native, where calling setLocationShared(false) could still result in location data being sent to OneSignal if the app had location permission in iOS (Cordova SDK issue #406)
• #397 Fixes a bug that caused devices to never register with OneSignal if APNS did not respond with a token or failure.
Android 3.10.1 Improvements and Fixes
- Fixes a thread synchronization bug that in some situations could cause the main thread to lock up while waiting for a network request to finish. #587
- Updated fix for error with
startWakefulServiceon Oreo when sending high priority with remote urls.
- Fixed NPE with flushBufferToDisk #513
- Fixed idsAvailable not being called a 2nd time when registrationId was null. PR #563
Xamarin SDK Updates
• Adds GDPR compliance methods to the SDK.
• You can now use
OneSignal.SetRequiresUserPrivacyConsent(true) to completely disable initialization of the OneSignal SDK until the user provides privacy consent (when your app calls
• Until consent is provided, the SDK will delay initialization and will not send any personal data. If your app attempts to call any methods (such as
GetTags), the SDK will not crash but will print out an error message to console.
• Fixes an issue that caused new methods (ie. the new Email methods) to not appear in some circumstances.
• Fixes the way the SDK handles callbacks, making it safe to call
GetTags() multiple times for example instead of using global references.
• Fixed an Android issue which would have caused users to see
Could not install ... CustomTabs, by adding MonoAndroid7.1, 8.0, and 8.1 to the nupkg
Android Native SDK 3.9.1
- Now supports FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging) library
- After April 11, 2019 Google will drop the GCM from new versions their Play Services library
- GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) is still supported in the OneSignal SDK until then
- Issue #507
- Fixed NPE on
UserState.dependValues. Issue #503
- Added try-catch to work around Oppo device bugs. Issue #491and #487
WakefulBroadcastReceiver. Issue #488
- Fixed Excessive Wi-Fi scans (background). issue #433
- Fixed additional
ConcurrentModificationExceptionoccurrence. issue #465
- Fixed issue with latest Proguard causing FCM and Android Support library report as not found.
- Issue #533
- FCM init error when the Firebase Auth library was added to the project. PR #530
- Fixed GoogleAPIClient not connected yet errors. Issue #509
- Android 7.0
Bad Notification: Couldn't expand RemoteViews for: StatusBarNotification
- Restore on app update disabled to fix issue #263
- NPE on flushBufferToDisk. Issue #513
iOS Native SDK 2.8.5
• Fixes a rare concurrency issue with the SDK's HTTP client.
• This issue would have caused exceptions when GDPR consent was revoked, or in some wrapper SDK's, early in the app lifecycle before the app ID was provided.
• Fixes a private API issues preventing developers from uploading binaries to the App Store
• Any methods named
valueForQueryParameter() are apparently flagged by Apple as private API usage......
• Changed the name of the method so it no longer triggers this issue.
• The OneSignal iOS SDK now includes GDPR privacy consent methods which allow developers to postpone initialization of the SDK until the user provides privacy consent.
• This new GDPR privacy setting can be controlled by adding
OneSignal_require_privacy_consent to your application's
Info.plist and setting it to
• Once the user accepts the GDPR privacy permissions, your application can call
• Your users can revoke privacy consent at any time by calling
• The SDK will now work with media attachment URL's that don't end in file extension (ie. .jpg). If a URL is missing a file extension, it will instead use the MIME type of the asset.
• Resolves an incompatibility issue with the HelpShift iOS SDK
• Fixes an issue that caused incorrect "notification opened" events to be sent to OneSignal's backend server