Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- Updated translations.
- Fixed issues with persistent cookies.
- Fixed issues on iPad where scene was scrolling away when keyboard showed.
- Refurbished app start UI. Don't show error page, instead prompt user to configure bridges.
- Improved bridge configuration UI.
- Improved popups on iPad.
- Add bookmark from share sheet.
- Increased X button on tab overview for easier close.
- Added swipe up to close tabs in tab overview.
- Fixed hidden toolbar when viewing PDFs, images and other files.
- Fixed share sheet options.
- Added advanced Tor configuration option.
- Added explanation about security levels.
- Improved dark mode support.
- Fixed crash when showing Tor circuits.
- Fixed app shortcuts. (On long tap on app icon.)
- Updated OBFS4 bridge list.
- Fixed bug when changing bridge settings.
Please update in the App Store.
January 7, 2020
- New browsing chrome
- Improved iPad support
- New landing page
- Bookmarks with favicons
- New Tor circuit display
- Security level presets
- New tab overview
- Tor updated to 0.4.0.6
- Updated OBFS4 server list
- Fixed issue with Content-Security-Header nonce and hash values which broke a lot of sites.
- Localization updates
October 31, 2019
- Tor updated to 0.4.0.5
- Localization updates.
- FIXED OCSP leak by adapting code from Psiphon's Endless fork and their OCSPCache. (#178)
- Now able to share downloaded PDFs and other binary files with other apps.
- Completely overhauled bookmark management UI.
- Completely overhauled settings UI.
- Replaced own dark mode with iOS 13 dark mode support.
- Onion Browser now registers for http and https URL schemes, so is able to be the default browser
on the device.
- Dropped special 1Password support in favor of system-wide password manager support.
- Load bridges from a stored QR code photo.
- Licensing change of Endless, the upstream browser chrome project.
- Fixed context menu in "Content Policy: strict" mode.
New "start up in last state" feature, which remembers open tabs. (#134)
FIXED: Fixed behavior of content blocking; "strict" should now properly allow static images. (#123)
FIXED: Corrected display issues on iPad. (#169)
FIXED: The documented in-app purchase has been missing for a few versions.
Tor updated to 0.3.5.8.
When the app goes to background, the preview in the app switcher is now obscured. (Issue #138)
Improved tor stop / restart behavior when going to background. Tor now completely shuts down on background and a fresh Tor launched when the app is resumed.
FIXED: Websites with self-signed certificates may be accessed again, after warning the user of the security implications. (#111)
FIXED: Using camera to import bridges from QR code works again. (#142)
Localizations now available in Turkish. Updated localizations for most languages.