Glance is a RSVP reader for Android 4.0.4+ (API 15). Glance also includes a curated collection of feeds for your reading pleasure thanks to work by Rich Jones. The Glance reading collection is also available at glance.wtf, because silly TLDs are great.
You can share URLs to Glance from your favorite web browser, or open .epubs on your device's external storage directly.
Available on Google Play under the name Glance
Lend a hand
Some quick, incomplete thoughts on what's next.
- Find some nice monospace fonts
- More sophisticated pivot choosing
- Better handle "Chapters" with epublib, or some other epub library
- This seems unreasonably hard.
- Read text from clipboard
Make sure you've installed the following from the Android SDK Manager before building:
- Android SDK Build-tools 19.0.2
- Android SDK tools 22.3
- SDK Platform 19
- Android Support Repository 4
ANDROID_HOMEenvironmental variable as your Android SDK location.
If you need help check out this guide.
To build an .apk from this directory, make sure
./gradlewis executable and run:
$ ./gradlew assemble
The resulting .apk will be availble in
In no partiular order. Thanks everybody!
- Rich Jones for adding the curated feeds & community features.
- andrewgiang for contributing a re-usable library based on the early project, and other contributions
- defer for refactoring that made it easier to support multiple formats
- epublib by psiegman (LGPL)
- rcarlsen for work adopting for Glass
- mneimsky for work adopting for Glass